To be able to publish your App, you first need to have developer access to the FrontM.ai Portal.
If you don't have access, please sign up to the FrontM developers community and request a key.
If this is your first time using the developer tools, you must install the "App Publisher" App from the FrontM Apps Catalogue. To do this, follow the instructions in the section below. If you have already installed it, skip this section.
Installing the AppPublisher
Once you have followed the instructions for your first login, click on the option 'Apps' on the left navigation menu.
Once you are in the Marketplace, you need to go to 'Categories' and look for the Development category. The AppPublisher will be listed under this category.
Once you find the AppPublisher, click on the 'Install' button as shown in the picture.
Now click on 'Home' and the AppPublisher will be listed under the Timeline.
NOTE: If you don't see the Development category, you don't have a Developer role. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publishing your App
When you open a conversation with the AppPublisher, it will welcome you and show a number of smart suggestions. Click on the suggestion 'Create a New Bot':
The AppPublisher will reply with a Form message as shown.
This is the App Metadata form that you must fill out to publish your App. The following fields are available:
- Name: Give a name to your App. This name will appear in the Marketplace.
- Description: Give a description to your App. This description will appear in the Marketplace.
- Domain: Select the Domain 'Test'. We will explain Domains more later.
- User Roles: Select 'End User' as a role.
- Category: Pick 'Fun' as a category.
- Available Clients: Select 'Web' and 'Mobile'. Other channels will be added in future.
- Developer: Select 'FrontM' as the developer company.
Once you click on 'Save', the AppPublisher will acknowledge the message and you will be ready to upload a logo and the source code you created:
Now click on 'Publish Bot' ('Publish App'?) and after about 20 seconds the publication will be acknowledged:
Congratulations! Now your own App will appear listed in the FrontM Marketplace!
Go to the Marketplace, navigate to the 'Fun' category and hit 'Install'. Your App will be chatting with you in no time!